The EU has an interest and/or influence in many different areas, from Human Rights to Transport and Trade.
Useful links describing their activities in these areas are provided by the EU.
If you want to know what the EU is doing in these areas use the following links as a starting point.
- Audiovisual and media
- Climate action
- Development and Cooperation
- Digital economy & society
- Economic and monetary affairs
- Education, training and youth
- Employment and social affairs
- EU citizenship
- Food safety
- Foreign and security policy
- Fraud prevention
- Humanitarian aid and Civil Protection
- Human rights
- Institutional affairs
- Justice and Home Affairs
- Maritime affairs and fisheries
- Regional policy
- Research and innovation
- Single market
Detail on policies on various subjects are available at
Also check information on the work of the EU Commission in their Departments (Directorates-General) and services provided on the EU web-site at