EU Exit Preparations
Published communications from the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) indicate the proposed EU Exit readiness activities considered necessary in preparation for leaving the EU.
- Delivery of a new national import control system for animals, animal products and high risk food and feed. Scheduled to commence building: mid-January 2018
- Delivery of new IT capability to enable registration and regulation of chemical substances placed on the UK market. Scheduled to commence building: February 2018
- Delivery of systems for the licensing and marketing of veterinary medicines. Scheduled to commence building: end-January 2018.
- Development of a new catch certificate system for UK fish and fish products being exported to the EU on Exit. Scheduled to commence: building end-January 2018.
- Development of a UK system to manage the quota of fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances required under the UN Montreal Protocol. Scheduled to commence: March 2018
- Development of data exchange arrangements to identify the movement of EU and third country vessels in UK waters and the movement of UK vessels in EU or third country waters. Scheduled to commence: April 2018.